Website

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Prince Charles


Its been a long day. Walked the dog, then into the gallery. Painted an oil of a Pembrokeshire Farm I had seen at St Davids Head yesterday. Then walked home cut my lawns and my mothers, walked the dog again and now here I am.
Okay the painting above is of Bridge 159 on the Brecon Canal. I painted this one last week. I have also painted the same bridge from the opposite side.(see previous post).
So what's the connection with Prince Charles?
I have had the pleasure of meeting him and other members of the Royal Family on several occassions. On one such occassion we were on a barge on the Welshpool Canal together.
Quite surreal really as I have also been on a small sailing boat with two Members of Parliament.
Now I don't like to name drop but I am sure he tells people that he met me, so thats fair isnt it?
I have to say he is a thoroughly engaging and pleasant person and I have the utmost respect for him and the work he does for young people through The Prince's Trust.
Anyway tommorrow is packing paintings day for the exhibition. It is quite an art transporting between 40 and 60 paintings / prints without damaging them so it could be another long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment