Website

Wednesday 10 February 2016

Towy in flood near Dryslwyn




Today we went down to Dryslwyn and parked in the castle car park.  I was going to walk alongside the river as near as possible  but the style was inaccessible due to the river having broken its bank. In the end I found a good view from inside the fence. The rain had stopped and the sun was out. 

I quickly made some boundary lines with a bit of blue and turps and got stuck in with a large brush.



Before I knew it lunch time had arrived and a couple of large spots of rain had landed so I packed up quickly.
The painting was mostly done apart from some finishing touches in the foreground. I might also add some more birds. There were many gulls, egrets geese and a couple of swans in evidence. I had put in some gulls but may add something more yet. 


Alex was happy as I took her for lunch at Simon Wright's place in Llanarthne. 



No comments:

Post a Comment