Website

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Burgess Jewellers Carmarthen


The above painting was a commission for a present to Peter and Bethan Burgess from the staff in the shop. There has been a Burgess Jewellers in Carmarthen for over a hundred years but they are now closing down which is a shame. I somehow lost my photo of the painting but thanks to Clive for sending me the one above. I chose to do a night scene for something different and wanted to emphasise the warm colours coming from the shop with strong contrasts.

Yesterday I made a few minor changes to two paintings, one that has been bugging me for a while and although it was framed I couldn't resist taking it all apart to make the change. The other one hadn't been framed but was sat against the studio wall waiting for its final blessing before framing.

No comments:

Post a Comment