Website

Friday 21 August 2015

What's on my easel?


Okay so what's on my easel today. I have started a commission for a lovely couple. It is of Cefn Sidan with Worms Head the Gower in the background. I have put down the first layer of sky along with the skyline. The light has just gone so it is an appropriate place to stop for the day. The painting is 29 inches by 16 inches so it gives you an idea of scale.

The studio is at the top of the house and is not large but quite sufficient for my needs. It has to large windows  which cover  the whole outside wall and provide really good light in average weather. I work on up to three easels at a time and may start another painting tomorrow allowing for some drying on this one. I keep the place tidy and have carpet on the floor. Jac normally sleeps just outside the door when I am working (he's not keen on the smell of turps. or linseed oil).

I am hoping the painting will be complete by the end of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment