Website

Saturday 2 September 2017

Aberystwyth Promenade


I mentioned commissions the other day. Well the painting above is one of two commissions i have done of the Promenade. This one was for a couple who were celebrating their Golden Wedding. The proposal took place on Aberystwyth Promenade in the Bandstand. A lovely story and I needed to make sure that the painting reflected it. I wanted a nice sunny day with a sea breeze, a timeless painting that could be from any particular decade. I was up to my eyes in work but fortunately I have developed my own way of working which suits me and cuts out a lot of preliminary stages.



Here is stage one roughed out in turps and burnt umber. from there it is a matter of building up the layers and adding detail. This method works very well outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment