Website

Tuesday 10 December 2013

West Market Place Cirencester


Here is the same street as yesterday drawn form a seat across the road under an old tree. It was pretty cold on this day and to be honest I was severly tempted to cross the road and go into the pub rather than draw it. I weakened at the last and carried on with the sketch. I think Jac would have grassed me out to Alex anyway!

As a composition it works nicely as it has movement and takes the eye into the picture. The previous sketch of the Crown is just an informative picture.

If I had somewhere to sell my work in Cirencester I could turn this into a reasonable painting. I have considered going to the galleries there but to be honest in my experience it could end up being needless hastle trying to control it over that distance. We have and problems dealing with some galleries in the past (not I hasten to add in Cirencester). Selling not being an issue, being informed of the sales and getting paid were the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment