Website

Sunday 25 July 2010

Lovely Weekend


Brecon Cathedral~ watercolour sold
Well we're back from Brecon. We stopped at a lovely campsite by the canal and had 2 very enjoyable days. I must add here that there were an extremely odd couple stopping in a caravan near us who spent the whole time polishing the outside of their caravan going over the same spots time after time with a little cloth each! Well it takes all sorts.
We didn't make a fortune but did ok. The Cathedral were hosting Sketty Choir so we had ample musical accompaniment. I took the opportunity to make watercolour sketches of the choirmaster and organist.
Both Alex and myself were shown up the tower to the roof. This was no mean feat for me as the passageways in the wall around the towere were 18ins wide and about 4-5ft high. I am 6ft 1ins and well proportioned. Still I didnt get stuck and the views were magnificent. I did a quick watercolour sketch which I gave to Richard Williams our guide.
It is now all hands to the pumps as we have paintings to frame for the next exhibition and I have 3 commissions to start.
We also have a new charge, my sons dog is lodging with us for 2 weeks while they are in Ireland..
So something else for me to fall over.

No comments:

Post a Comment