Website

Sunday 18 July 2010

Cefn Sidan~ My first blog


Cefn Sidan and Worms Head
Well I have been asked several times if I would do a Blog so here goes.
Whats it like being a full time artist? How do you go about painting? What subjects do you choose?
I live in Carmarthen West Wales and the majority of my paintings are subjects from the area. I generally carry a small sketch pad with me to record images and even if I dont I carry some sort of mental library of pictures that I must do some day. Of course I dont get to paint every day as I have other duties such as, yesterday when we had 2 of the grandchildren to entertain. We went to Pembrey Country Park an old munitions factory on the South Wales Coast turned into a lovely Country Park. The beach is called Cefn Sidan and the view to the South East is of Worms Head and the Gower.
The painting above is of that view and is a painting I sold last week. Yesterday there were 2 horses on the beach and when they were on the wet sand their reflection and that of the clouds made for a very eye pleasing subject. Another painting in the offing in my mental library.

No comments:

Post a Comment