Website

Tuesday 3 October 2017

Thomas Toft


Yesterday I went pottery painting with Alex! Although I did ceramics as part of my degree course and enjoyed it I was never very good at it. I always wanted to do practical things like the biscuit barrel above or a nuthatch...

Anyway Alex has been taking the grandchildren to Gwili Pottery to spend a couple of hours painting pottery. Yesterday she was going by herself to finish off a couple of items. I went along with her and spent a couple of hours decorating a plate to be fired. I can't show it as it is a present but hopefully it will turn out okay. It was influenced by the style of Thomas Toft a 17th century potter who I don't remember but Alex may well do.

I would recommend a visit to the pottery if you have a couple of hours to send with or without children. It was relaxing and I will have made a personalised present for the small sum of £16.

Gwili Pottery. Pontarsais, Carmarthen SA32 7DU.  01267 253449.



No comments:

Post a Comment