Website

Tuesday 3 May 2016

Running the gauntlet

Whenever you visit our son and his family you have to pass through the neighbouring farm. There are always two dogs on the road ready to run at the car and make you feel like you are running the gauntlet.

Yesterday I had that phone call,

"Dad what are you doing tomorrow?"

Now this should always be more accurately asked as,"Dad what were you doing tomorrow?"

"Why?!!" I asked thinking of a quiet days painting and playing the piano gently passing into a distant memory.

"Well I was passing the sheepdog and he bit the back tyre and punctured it!"

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes can you come and collect the kids for school and pick me up with the wheel...."

It seems spare tyres are not the thing anymore apparently some stuff you spray in the tyre are a good substitute. That's progress unless you get a flat of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment