Website

Sunday 27 October 2013

karate competition


Yesterday one of our grandsons was competing in his first Karate competition. Alex and I went along to watch. We were interested from the point of view that it was our grandson but both of us having done karate for a good number of years were interested anyway.

I was impressed with the organisation and discipline. I feel that karate is an excellent way of teaching young people self-discipline as well as a strong mind. Anyway I found myself really enjoying the competition and even had the odd stupid life crisis moment thinking,
"Yes I wouldn't mind having a go at that again" reality bites, err no perhaps not.

Anyway we were all very proud as he won a silver medal in his Kata ( a series of movements mimicking fighting an imaginary opponent). He then won a bronze medal in Kumite (sparring with another competitor). I would have been proud if he had just competed but to win medals in his first competition was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment